Friday, June 5, 2015

This One Time at the Zoo, with Sue

Hello Everyone, It’s Sue here with you, sharing two layouts with you.

The first page features the mesh panel.  I wanted to use this piece as a background.  Firstly I sprayed painted the chipboard white and then used my Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress dauber to add a light cream layer.  Next, I cut the chipboard in half horizontally and then used my scissors to take little pieces out of the edges.  This gave the chipboard more of an aged look, similar to old chicken wire.  This created the perfect background to compliment the photo of my daughter and her friend and the ‘oh so lovely’ collection from Kaiser. 

Lily & Meg




Your Creative Wings products:  Mesh Panel YCW8010
Other products used: Papers and Die-cuts: Kaiser Craft, Cardstock: Bazzill, Flower: Green Tara, paint, Distress paint, Colour Shine.



My second page features the gorgeous FloralFlourish Chipboard.  I love this one.  It is so fine and delicate.  To treat this piece, I applied a layer of Versamark ink (clear) and then sprinkled Gold Glitter Finish Zing embossing powder over the top.  After removing the excess powder, I heat set it.  The result is this beautiful lush, gold embellishment.  I cut the chipboard into two pieces so that I could use it on both sides of my page.  
Just as a little side story, I volunteer one day a week at a little zoo and my daughter was lucky enough to come with me one day.  I snapped a couple of photos of her with the emperor tamarins.  I think she will remember the experience for a very long time and I’m glad I have the photos and layout to remind her in years to come.

This One Time at the Zoo 







Your Creative Wings products: Floral Flourish YCW7019
Other products used: Papers: Basic Grey & Crate Paper, Flowers: Green Tara, Embossing Powder: American Crafts, Ink: Versamark, Gold Foil, Feather Die.


From Sue and all at 
Until Next Time
Happy Creating

No comments:

Post a Comment