Thursday, June 25, 2015

Anne-Marie and her Fabulous layout

I just love the Dream Catcher and as soon as I saw it I knew I had the perfect photo to go with it. I seldom get a decent photo of my biggest girl anymore but I managed to steal this one from her a little while ago.  I chose this paper as my background because I really like the way the colours in the photo blend into it so well.  I cut the photo into a circle to mimic the circle of the dream catcher web. The dots on the paper also reinforce the circle theme tying the design together.

I used a gesso and water mix spray on the dream catcher and alphas because I wanted a very thin layer of paint to be sure all the beautiful and intricate details showed through. I had to do a couple of coats to get the right amount of coverage. I like the translucent effect it created with the greyish tones of the chipboard sort of coming through like a shading effect.

Then I used Pearl Glimmer mist give them a bit of shimmer and shine. I was actually down to the last little bit in the bottle so I applied it with a paint brush using a dabbing motion to get a very subtle mottled effect.

I added a tonne of bling, a couple of sequins, a bit of cotton and a couple of Kaisercraft brads. 


Fabulous


 Your Creative Wings products used: Dream Catcher Hearts YCW8012



Until Next time
Happy Creating
from
Anne-Marie and all at YCW

No comments:

Post a Comment