Saturday, May 30, 2015

Anne-Marie, Getting her mojo going and the 'Ugly Duckling Project'

I’ve been really struggling to get the mojo flowing these last few weeks so just to get myself back into creativity mode I decided to just grab some stuff that has been floating around on my scrap table, annoying me, for weeks and just stick it down. I actually really like how this LO turned out in the end. Most of this page is made up of is the negative space from a sheet of KaiserCraft stickers. I love the contrast of black against bright colour so I simply inked my Your Creative Wings chippy pieces and stuck them on. Teamed with a simple black and white portrait photo I really like the impact this LO makes.

Dylan @ 10

Other products used - KaiserCraft stickers, bazzil card.


 




For my next LO I wanted to show how you can use pocket page journal cards on a traditional 12x12 style page. I started with the gorgeous Unconditional Love word piece. I just adore mixed fonts like this for big impact headings... and I found the perfect photo to go with it too. I inked my YCW chippy with VersaColor Pinecone.  I only pressed lightly on the words to get a slightly mottled effect. I chose Pinecone because it matched well with the brown tone in the journal cards from KaiserCraft’s Captured Moments Say Cheese Collection. Then I added some washi tape and buttons to finish it off. This is often my go to when I’m in a creative rut too. A quick, simple and easy way to a page done and get the creativity flowing too.

Unconditional Love

Other products used - KaiserCraft’s Captured Moments Say Cheese Collection, Versa Color ink - Pinecone, washi tape, buttons.




I am calling this my “ugling duckling” project. How many hideous, old and downright dorky scrap supplies do you have lurking about in boxes and cupboards? Me? I have HEAPS but for some weird reason I just cannot bear to throw them out.  So I was sitting staring at all my jars of embellishments and saw these butt-ugly flowers mocking me and then inspiration hit. I just got my hands on some of Tim Holtz’s Distress Spray Stains so I was excited to be getting my hands messy again.

 

First I glued my flowers down to a 12x12 piece of grey chipboard with gel medium (any glue will work just as well) and then I mixed gesso with some water in a spray bottle... I recommend doing this outside... I have white spray everywhere!!! I covered the flowers and chipboard quite liberally with the spray and left it to dry in the sun. My sheet of chipboard became a bit warped but I finished off the drying with my heat gun alternating between back and front to try to flatten it. It worked a bit but then I also squashed it under some heavy books to flatten it as much as I could. It’s still a bit bumpy but hey, as  Tim Holtz himself says “embrace imperfection”! ;)


Next I started with my lightest spray, mustard seed, concentrating mainly over the flowers I covered them all in this yellow stain. Then I used the spiced marmalade in the centre and finally the fired brick in the top left. I lifted my page to let the excess dribble down the page too.


I covered my YCW chippy pieces in black ink and heat embossed them. Once again I ended up with a mottled effect, mainly because my ink was a bit dry and didn’t pick up very much of the black embossing powder but I really like how it turned out. Again, the bold black against the vibrant colour really packs a visual punch.
And here's the end result -

Love You

Your Creative Wings, products used - Flutterby Charm 1 YCW3043, Ornate Frame 17 YCW6019
Word - Love You, Script YCW1062
Other products used - Tim Holtz’s Distress Spray Stains, various paper flowers, cardstock.




I hope you have some time this (long for us in WA) weekend to be creative. It’s good for the soul you know. ;)

Until Next time
Happy Creating
from Anne- Marie and all at 

No comments:

Post a Comment