Friday, March 6, 2015

Hello Everyone, It’s Sue here, excited to share a couple of layouts with you, using some of the newest release Your Creative Wings Chipboard.   

Everything about You


My first layout features the amazing Damask Background.  I was in love with this design as soon as I saw it.  It took me a little while to decide how to prepare it though.  I wasn't sure whether I wanted to colour it or leave it neutral.  I do love the bold plum colour that Jodie chose for her design in one, she shown you in an earlier post.  In the end, I decided to stick with neutral and I simply painted it using my Antique Linen distress paint.  I love the daubers, they make it so easy to apply the paint without having to wash paint brushes.  I also adore the new Love Candy design and chose a couple to use on my page.  They worded as the perfect embellishment to the damask.  Finally, I sewed sequins and beads to add a little colour.


Products: Your Creative Wings - YCW16016 Damask background,  YCW12018 – Love Candy; Other Products used - Crate Paper Open Book papers, Canvas paper, Cardstock, Vellum, Glitter Cardstock, Distress Paint, Prima Flowers, Sequins, Beads



Love You


There are so many gorgeous new designs, you really can’t go wrong!  For my second page I chose the Doilyz Nest chipboard first of all and based my layout around that.  I used gold foil to alter the largest doily in the nest set.  I simply followed the instructions on the glue to apply the foil to the chipboard.  It did take a bit of patience to remove the excess foil from the design, but I think it’s worth it.  I used the lovely Flutterby Charm Set, it comes with extra butterflies for layering, as a feature on the page and prepared the chipboard by firstly spray painting in white and then adding a layer of Antique Linen distress paint over the top. The white undercoat results in a brighter cream look.  The ‘Love You’ scripted title was firstly heat embossed using Brown Sugar embossing powder and then to lighten the design slightly, I used my Antique Linen distress paint again.



Products: YCW3005 – Doilyz Nest, YCW3044 – Flutterby Charm 2, YCW1062 – Love You Scripted Title;
Other products used - Kraft Cardstock, Crate Paper Open Book papers, Twine, Distress paint, Embossing Powder, glitter paper, MFT Royal Leaves die, Sequins, Beads.




See all the Your Creative Wings designs 

AND

IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER FOR $25 OR MORE, GO IN THE DRAW TO WIN $100 WORTH OF 
Your Creative Wings chippy
{SHIPMENT WITHIN AUSTRALIA ONLY ends 28-4-15+



Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoyed the projects.
From Sue and all of us at Your Creative Wings
Until Next time
Happy Creating
xx

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful layouts, love the clean uncluttered design and the chipboard is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete