Friday, December 5, 2014

Some more teasing with Sue



Well here we are teasing you once again with all our new Christmas goodies. Believe us, the stress levels are very high here at YCW head quaters. We've spent a long time designing and creating these designs and are very frustrated you can't get your hands on them because we are experiencing website issues. We are so sorry once again. We will have some exciting news hopefully after this weekend, so stay tuned to our Facebook page for details.

Here's what Sue's been up to with our chippy.

Hello everybody!  It’s Sue here today and I am so very excited to share with you a couple of Christmas pages using the amazing new designs.  I can’t tell you how wonderful they are.  The details in every little piece are truly delightful. 

Your Creative Wings  products used: Flourish Baubles Layered YCW2003,  Snowflakes YCW20038, Xmas Mason Jars Hanging YCW20046, Mo Tree Sm YCW20062, Christmas Badge 3 YCW20026, Joy Word YCW20073.
Other products used: Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins, Silver Glitter Paper, Acetate, Sequins, Gems: Prima, Stickles: Frosted Lace, Stardust Vellum, Cardstock: French Vanilla Bazzill

I designed this silver page first.  I used a 6x6 patterned paper pad from Teresa Collins and embellished with silver glitter and the chipboard designs.I wanted to use lots of the little chipboard pieces so I came up with the idea of doing a project life style page.  I decided not to use a divided protector though, and just adhered the pieces to a sheet of cardstock.

To prepare my pieces of chipboard, I tried Audrey’s tip of spray painting my pieces white.  Oh my gosh, I think this has transformed my chipboard world!  So much easier than painting each piece with gesso.

Your Creative Wings  products used: Layered Christmas Tree YCW20030,  Snowflakes YCW20038, Christmas Badge 3 YCW20026, Xmas Mason JarsYCW2004,  Xmas Mason Jars Hanging YCW20046, Reindeer & Lights YCW20060.
Other products used: Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins, Gold Glitter Paper, Acetate, Sequins, Stickles: Frosted Lace, Stardust Vellum, Cardstock: French Vanilla Bazzill


 Then to embellish the pieces, I used two different colours of white stickles – frosted lace and stardust.  I love how you get different effects from the two colours and when you are layering pieces like the snowflakes, the result is quite pretty. 

 I prepared all of my chipboard pieces and then let them dry overnight. I love a little sparkle for Christmas layouts and really, what says Christmas more than glitter, sequins and a shaker card?  Have you ever make a shaker card before? They really are quite simple.  I firstly cut a frame from the glitter paper and then with double-sided tape, I adhered a piece of acetate behind the frame.  Then I added strips of mounting tape along all four sides of the reverse side of the frame.  I prepared my card with photo adhered and added a sprinkle of sequins.  Then I adhered the frame over the top.  

I often scrap my Christmas photos twice so that one layout goes into my son’s album and the other into my daughter’s.  I decided to mix things up a bit for the second layout and used a 12x12 cards paper from this year’s Teresa Collins collection and gold glitter instead of the silver.  I also changed the chipboard designs a little but the techniques were the same.

Until Next time
Happy Creating
From all at Your Creative Wings x


No comments:

Post a Comment