Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Well it's been school holidays here the last couple of weeks and a couple of us here at Your Creative Wings got a little mixed up with our posts, including me :p
Well school's back, time to get back to some inspiration from our very own Sue Tonga.
* * *
Hi guys, I have two layouts to share with you featuring some of the awesome new designs from Your Creative Wings  Normally I like to scrap in a 12x12 inch size but occasionally I do a layout or two in 8 ½ x 11", to add to our wedding album.  I don’t have the best quality photos from our wedding so I think they feature better in a smaller size and in a simpler style.  For the first layout, I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous chipboard word ‘love’ which has a lovely handwritten style font.  I wanted to make a statement with the word so I covered it in gold foil.  You can purchase gold foil and adhesive from most craft stores.  It’s a little bit addictive so be warned!  It is really important to use the matching adhesive when using gold foil and to follow the instructions carefully.  Once you get the hang of it, it’s really quite easy.  As the chipboard words are quite fine, you may not end up with a perfect result but that didn’t worry me, it fits with the shabby chic style anyway.  I have also used one of the lovely flourish pieces to embellish my photos, and I simply treated it with a layer of gesso and then a layer of cream paint.  The finishing touches to the layout were the sweet tiny butterfly chipboard pieces that I covered in blush colour shine.  I simply dripped the colour shine onto the chipboard to get a thicker coverage.





Your Creative Wings Materials used:  Words - Family Script Set YCW1050, FlourishYCW, Butterflies Mini YCW3042
Other products used: Paper and flowers by Prima Marketing, Transparency by Hambly, Heidi Swapp - Color Shine, ribbon, gold foil and adhesive, gesso, and paint.

The second layout features the Ornate Frame 2.  This provided a great base to sit my photos on.  I simply painted it with a couple of layers of gesso.  To prepare the chipboard leaves, I applied a thin, even layer of glossy accents and then adhered it to a piece of patterned paper.  Once dry, I used my craft knife to cut around the leaves.  I then used a sanding tool to soften the edges and lastly sponged on a little distress ink to add depth.  I used another chipboard word, this time, ‘Cherish’ and applied gold foil as I did in the first layout.




Your Creative Wings Materials used:  Ornate Frame 2 YCW6004, Sprig Set 2 YCW2028, Words - Family Script Set YCW1050.
Other products used: Paper, crystals, stickers and flowers by Prima Marketing,  Heidi Swapp - Color Shine,  gold foil and adhesive, gesso and string.

Until next time
Happy Creating
From all at Your Creative Wings 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment